Amazon Prime Day is one of the most important events in the marketplace and lasts for two days where exclusive offers are offered to Amazon Prime subscribers. It is undoubtedly an event highly anticipated by users. In 2021, the Prime Day sales event took place on June 21 and 22 and reached record sales, generating the sale of 250 million product units worldwide, thus benefiting small and medium-sized businesses.
The dates on which Prime Day will take place are still unknown, but it is speculated that it will occur on July 18 and 19, so it is important that you start preparing and creating your offers in advance so that they are ready for this Big event. Remember that participating in this can mean a great opportunity for you to increase the visibility of your products and maximize your sales. That is why we bring you everything you need to know to create offers that help you get the most out of this great event.
What are the benefits of participating in the Prime Day Deals event?
Increase the visibility of your products
Thanks to Prime day, your products will be able to stand out in the search results because during this event all participating products will have additional badges that will notify Prime subscribers that your products have exclusive offers for them. This will help you make your products more attractive and stand out from the competition.
Increase your sales
As we have previously mentioned, this event represents a great opportunity for your products to stand out from the competition, thanks to the special discounts that you make available to Prime subscribers. This will undoubtedly help you increase the visibility of your products and thus maximize your sales.
Benefit from marketing efforts
With the aim of increasing the traffic on its platform during this important date, Amazon makes great marketing efforts both inside and outside the platform. This will not only ensure that your products are seen by thousands of people, but you will also be able to increase the traffic you receive in your marketplace, without the need to resort to additional advertising costs.
What are the requirements to participate in the Prime Day sale event?
During Prime Day, products with exclusive Prime discounts will have a label that will help Prime subscribers identify those products that have special offers for them. However, in order for your product to have this badge, your discounts must meet the following requirements:
- You must submit your offers from March 22 to May 31, 2022 in Amazon Seller Central.
- Meet the usual requirements for creating prime offers.
- You must have a minimum score of 4 as a seller. But if you still don’t have a customer rating, don’t worry, you can still participate.
- Products must have at least a minimum rating of 3 and a half stars or none.
- Discounts must be at least 20% off non-Prime sale price.
- The Prime exclusive discounted price must be 5% below the ASIN’s lowest price in the last 30 days.
What kind of deals will you be able to offer during Prime Day?
Flash sales are promotions that are available for a limited time and in which your products appear as featured for several hours, which is usually between 4 and 12 hours. These types of offers can be a good option if you are looking to increase your sales and reduce stocks of products that have had low turnover.
In order for you to apply your products to this offer, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be part of the sellers of the professional plan and have five monthly reviews and a rating of 3.5 stars.
- Your Amazon sales history must have a rating of at least 3 stars.
- Your products must not be offensive, embarrassing or inappropriate.
- Items with this offer should have as many variations as possible.
- Your products must be new, that is, they must not be products that have been stored for several months.
- Products must comply with product review policies.
- Items must follow the offer frequency policies.
Prime exclusive discount
This type of discount is characterized by being exclusive to prime members and being highlighted on product search pages. This represents a great advantage so that you can have better visibility of your brand and thus boost your sales. However, for your products to be eligible for this type of offer, they must meet the following requirements:
- They are FBA products and suitable for domestic shipments.
- They must have a minimum rating of 3.5 stars or no ratings.
- Products must have a 20% discount on the current price.
- Items must exceed the lowest price level of the ASIN in the last 30 days by 5%.
- You must have at least a 4-star rating as a seller.
Prime Exclusive Coupon
They are discounts that are made to a highly sold product or that offer the most loyal customers an exclusive offer. This type of discount is ideal for those sellers who have a budget and want greater control over the level of discounts they want to offer their customers, since through this type of promotion you can establish the percentage or fixed amount you want to offer to your clients.
If you are interested in applying this type of discount, it is important that you verify that your products meet the following requirements:
- The coupon must offer a 20% discount in order for your product to be featured during the event.
- You must be exclusively eligible for prime customers.
- ASINs must be eligible for Prime shipping.
What are the steps to create a Prime Day deal?
Now that you have verified that your products meet the requirements to create an offer, you must now follow the next steps:
- Go to the bid control panel and click the Create a new bid tab.
- Identify the product in your inventory that you would like to apply the offer to and click Select.
- Set the date you’d like to schedule the offer, then click “Next Step”
- Enter the price of the offer or discount per unit and the minimum quantity of the offer.
- Choose the main product, whose image will appear on the offer page. Remember that this image has to comply with Amazon’s offer image policies.
- Click Continue to next step.
- Click Submit Offer
Prime Exclusive Discount
To get started creating Prime exclusive discounts, you must first download the discount upload template found on the “Prime Exclusive Discounts” home page. Once you have downloaded this document, you can follow these steps:
- Within the Prime exclusive discounts page, click “Create discount”. In the case of Prime Day discounts, the date fields will not be available, as is normally the case since the offers are activated at the start of the event.
- Click on search and add products. Here you must upload the template with the discounts you have selected. You can refer to the “Data Definition” spreadsheet in the template to identify the correct format as it is important that you follow the correct format to avoid errors when uploading the document.
- When uploading the document, click on “Validate products”. This step will verify that your products are eligible for the exclusive Prime discount.
- When you start the validation, you will be taken to the “Review” page. On this page you can see if any of your products have presented an error. In addition, you will receive an email with the validation status of the products you have uploaded.
- Finally, click Submit to schedule the discount.
Prime Exclusive Coupons (one to one)
To create coupons there are two methods that you can implement either one by one or through blocks. If you want to create the coupons one by one you must follow the following steps:
- In Seller Central, click on the ads tab and choose the “coupons” option.
- Click on “Create a New Coupon”
- Then, you will have to search and select the products that you want to add the coupon to. Remember that you can select up to 200 ASINs for the same coupon.
- Click continue and select the date the coupon will be active.
- Set the amount of discount you want to apply through the coupon. Here you will have the option to select “Discount amount” or “Discount percentage”. The discount amount refers to a fixed discount that is applied to the sale price visible to customers; while with the discount percentage you can offer between 5% and 80% discount on the sale price. In addition, you can establish that this coupon is only used once per customer.
- Now you need to set a budget for your coupon campaign. Once this budget is reached, the coupon will no longer be offered to customers.
- Set the name of the coupon that describes the group of products to which you will apply this type of offer.
This is one of the most important steps, you have to make sure to select “Amazon Prime Members” segmentation so that your product can be part of the event, otherwise it will not be counted as an exclusive offer for program subscribers.
- After you check that all the fields are correct, you can click send.
Prime Exclusive Coupons (per bundle)
On the other hand, if you prefer to create your coupons in batches or blocks, you just have to follow the following steps:
- In Seller Central, click on the ads tab and choose the “coupons” option.
- Then click Create your first coupon in the control panel. To create coupons in bulk you must click on “Create in bulk”
- Download and fill out the template with details and participating products.
- Upload the template and keep an eye on the upload status to make sure there are no errors.
And ready! You already have each of the steps you must follow to launch your offers during Amazon Prime Day. Remember that you have until May 31 to send your discounts so they can participate in this great event, so don’t wait any longer to start planning your offers.
At Década Studio we help you plan and prepare for important Amazon events.
We know how important it is for your business to take advantage of each of the opportunities that Amazon offers to help you continue to grow and boost your business. That is why we have a team of experts who will help you in each of the planning and preparation phases so that your products and offers can successfully participate in major events such as Amazon Prime Day.