Amazon Sponsored Brand Video is Amazon’s latest addition to its catalog of advertising formats within the platform. Here’s a compilation of everything you need to know to start using it.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a thousand images (at least in the online world). It is nothing new that Internet users consume more and more content in video format. Especially on social networks, studies show that content in video format generates a higher rate of interaction. In the specific case of Facebook, the average interaction for video posts is 6.13% compared to the general interaction, which is only 3.6%, according to the analysis of the Hootsuite platform.
Precisely Forbes indicated that 90% of its users affirmed that the video helped them make purchase decisions. Additionally, 64% were more likely to buy if they watched a video about the product. Taking this into account, it is not surprising that Amazon has decided to bet on this format, making Sponsored Brand Video available to advertisers.
What do you need to know to start using Amazon Sponsored Brand Video?
Amazon itself indicates that the new Sponsored Brands video option is an opportunity to stand out among the purchase results. This format is not only more likely to attract consumers, but it is also an important channel for displaying your brand image.
When launching a Sponsored Brand Video campaign on Amazon, there are a number of technical features that you should know.
- These are short videos, with a duration between 6 and 45 seconds.
- These videos are compatible for both mobile devices and the Amazon desktop version.
- The dimensions of the video must be the following: 1920 x 1080 px, 1280 x 720 px or 3840 x 2160 px. Also, they must not be larger than 500MB.
- The aspect ratio is 16:9.
- The file format can be .MP4 or .MOV and the video codec H.264 or H.265.
These requirements are the most important technical aspects to take into account to start launching your Sponsored Brand Video campaign. But, beyond this, another series of questions arises. Do these videos compete with Sponsored Brands campaigns? What is its cost? How are they segmented? Does the video lead you anywhere?
This campaign format does not compete with the rest of the Sponsored Brands campaigns, although it is segmented by keywords and its cost is also per click. These videos can be with or without sound, so it is recommended that, if there is sound, subtitles are added. On the other hand, when the user clicks on the video, they are redirected to the product detail page.
Tips and recommendations when creating a Sponsored Brand Video campaign
Carrying out an advertising campaign on Amazon always requires a moment of prior analysis, where you need to ask yourself a series of questions.
How is my hearing?
It is very important to know what kind of product we are advertising and what audience we are targeting, since this will mark the basis of the entire creation process.
What product am I going to show?
It is recommended that you show your best-selling products, videos that teach the use of it, products related to the season or even new releases. Try to always have these products in stock. On the other hand, the video will be more effective if you show the products in the first few seconds.
How long will the video be?
The video should not be very long, an optimal duration is between 15 and 30 seconds. Also, you can consider the option of playing in a loop, adding a final card as a pause and separation between the beginning and end.
What message do I want to convey? Will I use sound?
The audience is always more receptive to being shown valuable, educational and demonstrative content. In any case, if you decide to use sound, it is recommended to use subtitles, with text that is easy to read on the screen and works correctly on a mobile device.
Steps to follow when creating Sponsored Brands video campaigns
Once we are clear about the technical specifications to start creating the videos and we have done the preliminary analysis of our campaign, we can start it up. If you have already carried out a Sponsored Brands campaign before, this new format will not be difficult for you. If not, don’t worry, here you will find all the steps you need to know to start your Sponsored Brand Video campaign.
- First of all, you must establish the name that you are going to give to your campaign, in addition to the start dates and the daily budget that you are going to allocate.
- Among the different format options, select “Video” and select the product to which you want to link it.
- Once the product is linked, choose the video you want to upload. We recommend using the ad preview to ensure it looks good.
- You must select the keywords that are most suitable for your video ad. Remember to bid on high-performing keywords from your Sponsored Products or Sponsored Brands campaigns.
Once this is done, submit your campaign so that it can be reviewed and published later.
Can they reject me any video? Because?
Short answer: yes. Once your video is submitted for review, there is a chance that it will be rejected. Here we indicate the elements that you should not include in your video so that there is no problem when publishing it:
- Do not include links to websites.
- Avoid black frames.
- Do not include a “letterboxing” or mailbox.
- Don’t rush the allowed video time and prevent the video from ending quickly in the maximum duration.
- You are not allowed to include Amazon brand elements or customer reviews.
- The video’s subtitles and audio must match the locale in which the ad will be displayed.
Taking these guidelines into account, you will not have any problem when publishing your campaign. Also, as a collection of tips, we recommend that you monitor your budget daily, consider competitive bidding, include high-performing keywords and purchase terms, and always advertise products that you have in stock.
Do you need help getting your Sponsored Brand Video campaign up and running?
At Década Studio we are aware of the importance of advertising campaigns on Amazon for your business to gain visibility and increase sales. In addition, if this advertising is in video format, you will be able to attract more user attention and make them interested in your brand or product.
In addition to managing advertising campaigns in the king of marketplaces, we also offer comprehensive management of the entire sales process so that you can get the most out of the platform.
Do you want more information about the services offered by Década Studio within Amazon?